Foreign Mortgages: Advice for overseas buyers
If you have decided to purchase Valencia property it is worth dedicating some time to investigate the options available to you as a foreign buyer in Spain. Buying abroad has become so popular that many banks cater to the international buyer with Foreign mortgages which can cut out any confusion and ensure you get the best deal.
International Banks with Foreign Mortgages
Foreign mortgages are specifically catered to the Spanish housing market and deal with every aspect of translation, lawyers and insurance. Some of the most reputable international banks are the following:
Banco Santander (Also known as Abbey)
When applying for a Foreign Mortgage you will need the following documents:
- Valid Passport, residence permit or Spanish ID card (NIE)
- Your last three bank statements (account statement for last three years if you are self-employed)
- Your last three salary slips.
- Spanish tax declaration for the last financial year (P60 form in UK) or if you are self-employed you must provide tax slips for the last two years.
- Resale Properties: Property deeds of current owner
- New Building: Declaration deed from developer.